Music really sets the atmosphere and tone for those key wedding day moments, such as your ceremony aisle song or your first dance during the reception… so it’s crucial to choose great songs.
Our advice would be to choose songs that are meaningful to you as a couple, that reflect the mood you would like to create in that moment.
If you’re struggling to choose the right songs for your wedding day then we’ve got the solution for you – a hot bath, a bottle of wine and Spotify! Throw on Spotify with your partner and work your way through various playlists in search of something that speaks to you both. Have a think about any songs that stand out in your relationship, perhaps there was a song that was played when you first met, or on a memorable night out/holiday together that you recall.
5 things to consider when choosing your wedding songs and music…
1) Meaning: Does the song mean something special or speak to you as a couple? This can be as simple as you both just love the song.
2) Location/setting: Are you in a barn, winery, beach, church etc and will your musical choices work well in that space?
3) Live vs recording: Have you choreographed a dance where you’re too scared to dance to anything other than the recording you’ve been practicing along to at home? Or are you freestyling it or having only very basic dance moves and want it performed live?
4) Booked musicians: Does their style/sound match your chosen songs? Are you happy for the live musicians to put their own spin on it or should they stick to the original as closely as possible?
5) A custom song: Does your booked artist offer songwriting services as well? Perhaps you can’t decide on a song and would prefer one be written for you personally? Some vendors (like us!) have a package option where they can write and/or record clients choice of aisle or first dance song and put it to their professional wedding photos. And, of course, perform them live at the weddings. Here are some examples of us in action.